Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Light at the End of the Tunnel


I'm basking in it . . . the light, that is - you know, the light at the end of the tunnel?

I wasn't sure I'd ever even see it much less be basking in it.

I've been so overwhelmed with work lately, spending hours upon hours and days upon days preparing for the kick off of our Children's Ministries on September 10. I kept saying to friends and family, "If only I can make it to September 10 alive and not in Pine Rest, everything will be fine. I can do it! I can make it to September 10." Well as of this post, it is September 13, and I am alive and well . . . well, sort of well anyway . . .

Sunday morning at about 4:00a I awoke to that little feeling in your stomach that tells you something isn't quite right. At about 6:00a that feeling was confirmed with a hasty trip to the restroom . . . I'll leave it at that. ANYWAY, at about 7:15a I had to call my pastor to let him know I wouldn't be coming in, and we decided to go ahead with the Nursery and Preschool kick offs, but postpone Sunday school for another week. After that, I made three brief phone calls to the coordinators of Nursery, Preschool and Sunday school to let them know what was going on, and then I went peacefully back to sleep.

That may not sound like that big of a deal, but for those of you who know me well, you know it is! You see, I'm the kind of person who always takes on more that I should, I have issues with delegating jobs out, and I just put too much on my own shoulders . . . well . . . no longer! This is the first year that I have committed, passionate, invested teams for each area of Children's Ministries.

It was so wonderful to make three phone calls, and know that everything would be taken care of. No rushing around, no anxiety, no making my husband do a bunch of stuff that I wasn't there to do . . . the teams took care of everything. It's like The Three Amigos! The great thing about amigos is that you can lean on them . . . and that is just what I did!

I want to give a big "shot ot" (shout out) to my awesome amigas who put many hours (volunteer hours, by the way) to make this year's kick off a breeze: Natalie, Laura, Lisa, Val, Heather, Angie, Julie and Kim! I love you girls! Good work! I couldn't be basking in the light at the end of the tunnel with out you!

No comments: