It's time again for me to wax philisophical . . . I don't do it often, so bear with me.
I've been thinking an awful lot about the words GRACE and FAITH lately.
Like so many others in our small community, my world has been rocked by the passing of sweet little Sam. My mind has been flooded with questions . . . did God allow Sam to get sick and die? Did he ordain it? Why did Sam have to die? Why didn't God answer the thousands of prayers uttered on his behalf? How does a mother find the strength to say, "If you need to go and be with Jesus, Mommy will understand."? How does a Mom handle holding her child while the heart monitor goes flat? How can God be good and allow something like this to happen? How does a mom go on without her little one to hold and hug and love?
The Bible says, "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
I've watched Theresa, Sam's mom, from a distance, and somehow she is living out this verse. This raises another question in my mind - how is that possible? How can she praise God, be joyful, and give thanks in the midst of the storm she's facing? Two words come to mind: GRACE and FAITH.
Through Theresa's example, God is teaching me in a very profound way what GRACE and FAITH really are.
The next question I ask myself is - would I be responding the same way as Theresa, or would I be filled with bitterness, questions, anger - or worse - lack of faith?
I've felt so weak in my faith in the last weeks. I've faced much less devistating things in my lifetime, and responded with much less faith. I've questioned God. I've allowed bitterness and anger to enter in. "You of little faith . . . why did you doubt?"
Theresa is inspiring. She's a woman of strong faith and character. She's not doubting . . . she's staying strong by God's GRACE. She is an amazing example to me of GRACE and FAITH. She has inspired me to extend my trust in God.
"Therefore, since we have been justified through FAITH, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by FAITH into this GRACE n which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hop of the Glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." Romans 5:1-5
No comments:
Post a Comment