Monday, December 03, 2007

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is my dad's birthday . . . I won't mention which one it is . . . but it really doesn't matter, cuz age is about how you feel and not how old you are, right? If that's the case, I'd say my dad is more like 35 than 50 something. If you take a look at the pictures below, you'll see what a nut he is (I mean that in a good way, Dad).

Dad, thanks for being you! Thanks for teaching me to work hard and to do my best - always. Thanks for teaching me the value in going outside and getting some fresh air. Thanks for teaching me to play hard too - from softball to waterskiing to ice skating and sledding - you've always been a lot of fun! Thanks for passing on your love of classic cars to me - my heart still beats fast when I hear the sound of an old Mustang or Chevelle! Thanks for loving me always - through good times and bad. Thanks for teaching me to have a servant's heart, and to always be willing to help.

Most of all, thanks for passing on the legacy of faith in Jesus to me and to Chad and Shelly. Now it's our turn to take the baton and pass it on to our kids!

I love you, Dad! Happy Birthday! I hope the coming year is filled with many blessings for you.


Grandpa on the quad with Faith and Bella

Neeeeeeeewwwwww Recooooooorrrrrrdd! (an inside family joke)


Dad and Shelly iceskating in the flooded horse pasture

1 comment:

shellbell said...

Another Happy Birthday to you, too, Dad! These are some great pictures - I especially love the Neeeeeeww Rreeeeecccooooooord!!!! That tradition / joke will have to live on for many years to come!

I also think about the times when we had our little ensemble play special music in church - Chad wasn't always so excited about taking out the ol' Euphonium, but we had a good time. Good memories. Worshipful services. Thanks for passing on your musical gifts, too, Dad! :)

I love you very much, Dad, and miss you. Thank you for loving us and being there for us...and thank you - like Sonny said - for sharing your faith in Jesus with us.

See you at Christmas!