Friday, September 26, 2008

Pay it Forward!

I've had one of those weeks . . .

Nothing particularly terrible - in fact, the last month has registered many a terrible work days. Computer issues, printer issues, copy machine malfunction, and recruiting (which registers as a four letter word to me) have left me frustrated.

This week wasn't like that . . . it was just . . . blah.

Ministry can be a tough "business" to work in. Don't get me wrong, the highs in ministry are AMAZING! The wins in ministry mean that eternity is being impacted in a positive way. NOTHING beats that! But the lows and lulls in ministry can make you question your calling.

And then . . .

out of nowhere, two notes of encouragement from two completely random people from the congregation show up in my mailbox! When I say random, I just mean that they weren't from the people (like my mom or staff members) who somewhat-regularly encourage me. They weren't from close friends. They were from two wonderful, thoughtful women that I don't even know very well.

Wow! Just when I was feeling blah . . . God knew I needed a little lift. He worked through two different people to give me encouragement when I REALLY needed it.

This was a good reminder for me. How many times do I THINK encouraging things about or toward someone, but do nothing about it. I'll be writing a few notes of encouragement this week because I need to "pay it forward".



Let this be your challenge too! Who can you encourage this week? It's amazing what a little encouragement does for the soul!

2 comments:

Red Letter Believers said...

I like what you said about unexpected blessings. I too have been physically overwhelmed and emotionally undernourished.

And then, out of nowhere......

David
www.redletterbelievers.com

Anonymous said...

Sonny...You're going to have to teach me more about this blogging. I have a blog site but still am having trouble getting all of the layout stuff. Brooke got mine set up. Jen