Friday, October 02, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me!

Yesterday was my 35th birthday . . . yeah, yeah, yeah, I know I'm getting old! "Half-way to death", Mike says . . . he he he!

It was a beautiful, sunshiney, Michigan fall day! And it was filled with joy, as any birthday should be!

I thought I should share the beautiful card my husband got for me . . .














Isn't it stunning? I was laughing at the cover of it before I even opened the card! It was so desperately cheesy . . . the flowers, the cross, the golden edging . . . it looked more like a sympathy card than a birthday card.

And then the inside . . . by the time I opened the card, I was crying because I was laughing so hard!

My husband . . . always good for a laugh!

I can honestly say that this was the first time I had a dollar store birthday. It's obviously where he got the card, but he also got party hats and party "savers" (that's how Bella said party favors), and a box of Jr. Mints for me too! What a guy!

After the gift opening part, we celebrated with my "cake". A big shout out to Nancy Wierenga (affectionately know as Aunt Nancy to my kids) who made me blueberry scones for my birthday. I saved one until the evening, popped the candle she provided into it - and wa la! - we had ourselves a birthday cake!

Here's a picture of the fam celebrating with me! Don't you love the hats and party "savers"? Oh, and don't overlook the "Birthday Girl" ribbon I got too! What a thoughtful (and very fun) family I have!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

We did Dollar Store birthday parties this year and we had more fun with them. The kids also enjoyed picking out gifts for each other. What a fabulous way to save money and have fun at the same time. Happy Birthday!

MiniMe Mom said...

I missed that you were back in the blog world, so I have had fun catching up:-)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!