Thursday, December 10, 2009

Turkey Day!

If anyone knows my daughter, Faith, at all! You will know that she is amazingly creative! She gets an idea, and will spend hours perfecting it!

The Wednesday before Thanksgiving, Faith was home from school with the stomach flu. She was bored and needed a project, so I suggested she make name cards for everyone that was coming to our house for Thanksgiving. We had 22 people coming the next day. I wrote down all of their names, and then Faith was off to the basement to work on her creations!

Here's my creative girl! Notice how she has everything laid out and organized! Tracings of her hand, toilet paper rolls cut in thirds and pinecones! She came up with this all on her own!

A bunch of turkeys! Very representative of the Mike's family . . . ha ha ha! (Just kidding, guys! You know I love you!)

A close up of her amazing work! She added name labels to the cardboard base after this picture was taken. Complete with polka-dot letters!

Mike's wonderful family! (and mine too). Back row: Matt, Levi, me, Mike, Mom and Dad, Marc. Front row: Reuben, Olivia, Bella, Faith, Lori and Lydia.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE the turkeys...I think I will write down this idea for future use. She isn't copyrighting her creation is she?!

MiniMe Mom said...

I'm still waiting for Part 4? Part 5? Come on, girl, I need a blog update!