Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Birds and the Bees


This is how the conversation went:

Faith: Bella is a boy.

Mom: What makes you say that?

Faith: Well, she has short hair, so she's a boy.

Mom: Just because she has short hair doesn't mean she's a boy. She's just a girl with short hair. (pause) How can you tell the difference between boys and girls?

Faith: (whispering) By looking at their privacy area (while motioning toward her nether region).

Mom: That's right. Do you know what a girls private area is called?

Faith: A veegina.

Mom: Right, a vagina. What about a boys?

Faith: They have peanuts.

Mom: (trying her hardest to suppress a giggle) Peanuts!? You silly goose. It's called a penis!


Obviously I have some work to do!

3 comments:

shellbell said...

That is hysterical!

denhartigh said...

Too cute! We call them girl parts and boy parts. One time when Maddie was young, we had a Bible study get together and got on this subject - Private part terms with young children. So I thought I would ask Maddie in front of everyone. Since daddy was the only boy, I asked, "Maddie what kind of parts do you have?" her response - girl parts. "Maddie, what kind of parts does daddy have?" Her response "Big parts." OMW - I laughed so hard! Everyone did!

Triplet Mom said...

Ahh that brings me back to the puberty talks I got to give to fifth graders. They say some abosolute classic things!