Friday, September 08, 2006

Faith's First Day of School



Here she is! My sweet little 4-year-old! I can hardly believe that she's old enough to go to school - but she assures me she is!

Wednesday was technically her first day of school, but that was just a visiting day - a day to meet her wonderful teacher, see her cool room and meet a couple of the kids from her class.

Today, however, was the real thing! She had her little backpack on (OK, huge backpack - on her anyway) and was all ready to go. She had her outfit all picked out ahead of time - a skirt, of course, and she had her mind made up that Rar, her bear, was coming with her. "He really wants to see my class, Mom. He'll be lonely without me."


Here she is with her wonderful new teacher, Mrs. Konyndyk. You can see from this picture that Rar is still with her at this point! I was so afraid that we were going to have a power struggle over the whole 'Rar can't go to preschool with you' thing . . . but all Mrs. Konyndyk had to say was, "Wow, Rar looks like a really special friend, and we sure wouldn't want him to get lost here at preschool. You better give him to your mom. I'll bet she'll take wonderful care of him." And then . . . . . . . . she just handed him to me, gave me a kiss and a hug, and was off doing things with her classmates. "Later Mom! I have things to do!"

Faith had a terrific first day of school, and left no detail behind when telling me about it! She's already learned "All about Africa and zebra's . . . did you know you can tell zebras apart by their stripe patterns?"

I am so excited that she's so excited! And I'm at peace knowing that her teachers are going to love her and be patient with her, and teach her all sorts of new things from a "God made that" perspective! What a gift!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm thrilled to hear that the first day went great. Dewey had the same issues with Dee-Tee but he decided to leave it in the van---yes!

Faith will love Pre-K, she born to goto school! Dewey, on the other hand was born to run around in his undies all day.
The difference between boys and girls maybe??

o1mnikent said...

I remember my first day of school; I think there was a duck involved.

Sonny Huisman said...

I'm assuming the duck was stuffed, not alive . . .

shellbell said...

I can't believe she is this old already!! Where has the time gone? But as Chelle said, Faith is born to go to school...I can't wait to hear all her stories about what she learned and see her eyes get really big and a smile creep onto her face as she talks...tell her she needs to call her Aunt Shelly and tell me all about school! :) I'm sure we'd have a long conversation with her doing most of the talking!