



Well, we had to say good bye to our little "Pijjy". Yesterday I made several calls to find out what to do with a lost homing pigeon. I finally was given the name and number of the veterenarian for our local zoo. They have several stray, wild animals that live with them, and they offered to take Pijjy off our hands.
She explained that most owners of homing pigeons don't want the ones that fly off course back . . . apparently they're a flight risk (tee hee). What good is a homing pigeon that doesn't come home?
Anyway, we thoroughly enjoyed our 36 hours with Pijjy, but it was time to bid farewell. So, don't be holding your breath for your "air-mail" delivered packages from us!
2 comments:
Such a cute bird. I am not sure I would love the mess!
I can't believe you can hold it!! I am FREAKED OUT by birds. Owl, cats, and horses too. Mike can concur on the horse thing, am I right?
Post a Comment