Last week I had the opportunity to go to the Willow Creek Children's Ministry Conference with 5 of my ministry team leaders. A great time was had by all - even despite the Chicago traffic on the way home!
It was wonderful to get away for a few days . . . from housecleaning, laundry, kids and all the other things that are part of the daily grind. However - why is it that when you finally take some time for yourself, there's always h-e-double hockey sticks to pay for it when you get back? It seems like it takes two days of recovery time for every day I was away! I've been home the last two days trying to spend some quality time with the girls, only to be hit, kicked, bitten and yelled at . . . what's up with that?
On the bright side though, my mind is spinning with ideas and improvements to bring to the Children's Ministries at my church!
I guess it was worth it then!
No comments:
Post a Comment