Friday, April 13, 2007

A Church Lady Recommendation



Alright, I know many of you read the Grace in the City Blog so this will be a repeat for you . . . Dana just beat me to the punch! Read her review of this book here.

I've been perusing several Bible translations and children's Bible storybooks to prepare for our summer outreach program for kids - True Victory Sports Camp, and in doing so ran across this book.

I read the whole thing in one sitting . . . I just couldn't put it down. It is written so brilliantly and the illustrations are mesmorizing. Faith saw it and said, "Jesus' picture is right in the middle in a fancy frame, cuz he's the star of the show!" Right on, Faith! She get's it!

This Bible story book takes the major stories of the Old and New Testaments and links them to the over-all redemptive story! The catch phrase on the front of the book is, "Every story whispers his name," and they truly do!

It is written in language that kids will understand, without watering down the important messages! It includes passages that most children's Bible's don't like: the Psalms, Isaiah, Ezra and Nehemiah - passages that are so important to linking the redemptive story together! Psalm 23 is written so beautifully (paraphrased) that I typed a copy of it for myself to have on a bookmark!

This is bar-none the best children's Bible story book out there! Buy a copy of it for your family, buy a copy of it for every new parent out there, buy a copy of it for your kid's grandparents, buy a copy of it for every Toddler-2nd grader you know! It's that good!

Happy reading!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do they have this book at Parable? or can it only be bought online?

Sonny Huisman said...

I got mine at Baker Book House, but I'd bet that the other Christian stores have them too! Happy buying!

Michelle said...

I found it at Parable.