
. . . SIGH . . .
I'm sorry I've had no exciting additions to the blog over the last several days . . . but I'm just not feeling well.
It all started about three weeks ago when Bella and I both had the diarrhea/flu, and I've never really risen out of the "funk". I've been tired, fatigued and achey. So last Thursday I went to the chiropractor to get an adjustment, hoping that would help . . . but Friday I ended up with really tight muscles in my back and the inability to breathe well. Saturday I ended up in ER. They ruled out heart problems (EKG), blood clots in the lungs, they took some chest x-rays to rule out issues with my lungs and ribs . . . finally they chalked it up to muscle spasms and gave me a prescription for valium to relax me. Let me just say, all mothers should have some valium on hand at any given moment . . .
Anyway, I started feeling worse rather than better and have been struggling with body aches - especially my back, shortness of breath, increased heart rate, headache, no appetite, weakness and, worst of all, severe fatigue. Let me tell ya how well that works when you're trying to take care of two kids . . . NOT WELL! I've been bawling my eyes out for the last two days!
I had more bloodwork done yesterday and they ruled out mono and TB. My white blood count is great. But, my billirubin is higher than it should be, which indicates some problems with my liver . . . NICE! Still, no answers!
I have an appointment with an internist on Monday, so we're praying that things don't get worse before then. In fact, we're praying that things get better. My doc seems to think it's a nasty virus, but other than that she's got nothing for me.
Mike stayed home today . . . probably so I would stop crying every time he left . . . and it has been wonderful! I've been able to relax knowing the kids are in good hands!
Please pray that I feel better soon! Pray that the symptoms go away . . . or at least don't get worse.
This stinks . . . I'm ready to fully appreciate being healthy . . . no more taking it for granted!
1 comment:
I hope it gets better soon! That sucks to feel sick, esp. when you have to take care of kids and cannot just lay around all day:-) Hope you feel better soon!
Post a Comment