
Today was another looooong Monday. Every other Monday starts early and ends late. It starts at a little after 6:00a with the morning rush which includes packing lunches, gym shoes, snow pants, eating breakfast, getting dressed, brushing teeth, doing hair, packing the daycare bag, remembering to write the check for Grandma Sue (the daycare lady) AND (more importantly) remembering to put the check in the daycare bag - and this all by 7:30a (if all goes as it should). Then there's the full day of work for Mike and me, the full day of school for Faith and the full day of daycare for Bella, which generally means - "no nap"! I pick the girls up at 5:00p, rush home to get a quick dinner on the table and leave for church AGAIN by 6:00p for GEMS (a girl's club for 3rd-8th graders). I quick help lead singing and large group while Mike gets the girls ready and takes them to church cuz HE'S got to be there for a 7:00p meeting.
As you can see, the above is a recipe for DISASTER!
So tonight, when I got home from GEMS with the girls at around 8:00, I got them in their jammies and was getting ready to read them a few night-time books, when I got the idea to have Faith say, "She sells seashells by the sea shore." She gave it a go, and it was HILARIOUS, cuz she said it totally wrong, but was CONVINCED she was saying it right! She started giggling when she realized she said it wrong, and so the giggling fiasco began . . .
Next was "Unique New York" . . . REALLY! Try to say it three times really fast! It's hard! You get a little You-neek You-nork action or a little New Yeek New York . . . and the giggling continues.
What got me crying (because I was laughing so hard) was when I introduced "Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers" and Faith said, "Peter Pecker picked a pail of pimpled peckers . . ." HA! Seriously! She said that! Obviously she didn't realize what she said, but I had tears running down my cheeks I was laughing so hard. When I asked Bella to say it, she gave it the old college try a couple of times, but finally said, "Peter Piper got some peppers". I don't think she understood why Faith and I were making it so difficult, and laughing so hard!
I don't remember the last time I laughed so hard! And I REALLY don't remember the last time I had so much fun with Faith.
As I tucked her in tonight, she was asking if I knew any more. I figured I'd do a little online search, but I'd love it if my fellow bloggers would share a few of their favorites!
7 comments:
Hi Sonny -
I LOVE reading your blog! I'm a friend of the Dawn's (W & H, used to be B).
Try these....I'm still laughing out loud at your blog! :)
Friendly Frank flips fine flapjacks
Betty better butter Brad's bread.
Chop shops stock chops
Listen to the local yokel yodel
Shredded Swiss chesse
Ok....I'm still laughing!
Here's one:
Esau Wood sawed wood.
Esau Wood would saw wood with a wood saw.
Esau's wood saw would saw wood!
One day, Wood's wood saw would saw no wood,
so Wood sought a wood saw that would.
Then, Wood saw a wood saw saw wood as no
wood saw Wood ever saw wood sawed wood.
So Wood sought the wood saw that sawed wood
as no wood saw Wood ever saw ever sawed.
Now Wood saws wood with the wood saw Wood
saw saw wood as no wood saw
Wood ever saw would wood saw wood.
O.K. Ms. Lia - that's just way too long! ;)
Stick with the original: How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?
We're into jokes at our house: What did zero say to eight?
Nice belt.
Lia, how on earth can you even remember that? I got confused even reading it!
Karen, I'm so glad you commented! These tongue twisters will keep us giggling all day.
I don't know any tongue twisters, but I am delighted that you had such a fun time with your gals.
Just what that loooong Monday needed.
Here's an answer to the wood chuck question...
"As much wood as a wood chuck could if a wood chuck could chuck wood!"
I always thought the answer to the wood chuck question was.
A wood chuck would chuck all the wood a wood chuck could chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood.
Post a Comment