Ok ok ok! I know I've been a blogger slacker (aka a slogger . . . or blogker . . . ) My deepest apologies.
I think this winter just sucked the life and motivation right out of me! However, the last several days of sunshine and warmer temperatures have LITERALLY been a breath of fresh air for me It's been wonderful to spend some time outside running, walkiing the dog, and pulling out the bikes and scooters for the girls! I don't even mind the mud from all the melting snow!
It truly felt like spring would NEVER come . . . but there are little signs that it is around the corner: I've heard birds singing, seen geese flying overhead, seen the spring bulbs starting to peek through the dirt and I've even spotted some buds on the trees! Woo Hoo!
Mike and I are kicking off spring this weekend by running in The Irish Jig 5K. This is my first race, so I'm a little nervous. But I'm running with a good friend and running buddy and I'll have my hubby, my girls and my Mom cheering me on! Let's hope this lovely weather holds on for the weekend - (and the rest of March)!
Happy Almost Spring!
What are your favorite signs of Spring?
2 comments:
Yay for spring! I'm so glad that the sun is finally coming out in MI, too! We still have our rainy and dreary days...this week has been filled with them...but the sun is starting to be the more frequent visitor! :)
Mom told me that you, Mike and the girls went jogging (the girls in the stroller) with Lucy. I wish I could've seen that! :) I actually went jogging the other day, too - but living in such a small town has disadvantages - I don't want people I know to see me jogging. But here, there's bound to be at least 2 friends or students or parents or fellow church-goers who say, "hey, was that you...?" Nice. Hope you have fun in the race - I'll be cheering you on from WA!
I think some of my favorites of spring are the birds singing and, out here, the mountains on a clear day and the greenness (since its winter = rain). Oh, and being able to wear flip-flops again!
The tulips and daffodils coloring my yard.
Run Mommy Run!
Post a Comment