Faith has been studying the Pioneers in school over the last few weeks. She has learned about how they lived, how they worked, how they raised their own food, how they ate, and how they did school. She's made her own tin-pail lunch box, crushed walnuts to make ink, and even plucked a turkey to and make a quill from the feathers!
Today she and her classmates are headed to a one-room school house to experience what it was like to go to school during the Pioneer Days. As part of the fun, she was encouraged to dress up like a little Pioneer girl, and pack a little Pioneer lunch in her little Pioneer tin-pail lunch box.
I get to head to the one-room school house this afternoon to check it out and take more pictures! I'll post more then, but for now, here's my little Pioneer girl!

Is it Laura Ingalls? No! It's Faith!

Doesn't she look cute?

Here's a picture of the lunch I packed for her. I baked a little loaf of brown whole-wheat bread and wrapped it in parchment paper and twine. She also had some "real" carrots packed in there with a hard-boiled egg. She also had raspberries and tomatoes wrapped in cloth and twine. There were no Twinkies, or Gladwear containers back then . . .
1 comment:
This is super adorable and getting all the details rock. Can't wait to see more photos of the school house. Fun.
Post a Comment