Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I'm sick of being a referee!

Do you ever feel like that guy in the middle?

That's me today! My main job is not cleaning the house, it's not working - it's keeping the peace between my Faith and Bella. Ugh!

If I had a nickle for every time Faith was snatching something out of Bella's hands, pushing Bella away, or annoying her an any way, shape or form, I would be a millionaire by now (and would no longer need to be making the large dollar working in ministry)!

It's so sad, but I can't wait for Bella's naptime so there is some level of peace in my home!

This makes me think of my poor mother . . . If memory serves, she had it even worse with my brother and me. We were like oil and water growing up! I'm sure we gave my mom some good incentive to jump off a cliff from time to time! Sorry Mom!

I certainly appreciate all she did to raise my brother and I to be fairly normal, loving adults. I just hope my kids turn out alright!

In the meantime, I'll just keep blowing the whistle, so to speak, and try to do it lovingly!

4 comments:

shellbell said...

It's true - I am a witness to the continual sister feud between my nieces. Let me tell you, it's "great fun" to be around at those times! But Sonny, you handle it well. You are a phenomenal mom (and Mike is a great dad, too)!

But referring to you and Chad, I also feel sorry for our mother. It's a good thing she had me to give her a little hope for the future.

kidding! ;)

Michelle said...

Oh man, do I feel your pain. Just this morning, we had a huge rumble about who was going to eat Pop-tarts for breakfast. 3 kids and only 2 Pop-tarts. It pretty much ended up with the boys in a fist fight.

And then there is my personal favorite: the fight over whose Mommy I am. "my mommy" "No! it's my mommy"

Sonny Huisman said...

Oooo! I haven't experienced the 'whose Mommy is it' fight yet.

Something to look forward too!

denhartigh said...

I always say, "I didn't do anything. You two have to figure it out. Go to your room. Shut the door. And figure it out." Sometimes it works! I think it will work more and more as they get older. I hate to be the referee!