
Wow! It finally happened! High Speed Internet! I thought that we would have the old dial up ball and chain forever, but after several months of research, phone calls, pulling cable to the wrong pole and being forgotten about . . . we have dial up no longer!
All I have to say about that is WOO HOO!
* I can actually watch the video feeds from my fellow blogger's sites
* I can upload pictures to my blog in less than 30 minutes (more like 30 seconds)
* I can move from screen to screen easily instead of baking a batch of cookies while I wait for a screen to load.
* And, most importantly, I can talk on the phone while I'm on the internet.
I actually sat and watched American Idol last night with my laptop on my lap . . . and could browse during the commercial breaks - AMAZING!
Who knows? I may even be inclined to blog more than once a week now!
7 comments:
Dear Mr. and Mrs. H.
Welcome to the new millenium! We are glad you are enjoying your High SPeed connection and we are glad to take your money for the service.
sincerely,
Charter Internet :)
I'm still trying to find a way to get it for free!!!
We will be "beaming it" to my mom's for free!
Don't tell!
Welcome to life in the fast lane and hours of wasted time surfing the internet when the kids go to bed!
Do I live close enough to beam it, too?
i don't care--High speed is soooo worth it. I will eat Ramen Noodles everyday before I give up my internet.
This sounds a bit tragic, wouldn't you say?
Agreed. I switched from dial up about six months ago. Now, the hours I spent waiting for the internet are used wisely to surf the internet. Great trade.
I am finally high speed with wireless! Now I have to go back in time and read old posts. I have a lot of commenting to do... got to go!
Chelle,
I'm sure we could figure out a way to beam it to your house too . . . it would just take some strategically placed linksys units . . . I'm sure the people inbetween would appreciate it too!
Post a Comment