Sunday, March 04, 2007

A Month of Birthdays


I flipped over my calendar the other day, and was amazed at how many March birthdays there are amongst my friends and family members - over 15! Apparently June/July are busy months for getting busy, if you know what I mean!

In honor of all of these wonderful people, I am posting the best birthday cake frosting recipe I know! That way, ya'll can share in the birthday fun!

3/4 c. Crisco
1/2 t. salt
1 1/2 t. vanilla
1 1/2 T Dream Whip (dry)
1/2 t. almond extract

Cream above ingredients together, and then whip until light and fluffy.

Then add half at a time to above mixture:
3 1/2 c. powdered sugar (1lb)
1/4 c. water

This recipe keeps in the frige for about 3 months if in an airtight container. It's great to add food coloring to for decorating.

You won't find a tastier recipe anywhere!

Happy Birthday to all those born in March!
Michelle and Joy - March 1
Jared - March 4
Jackie - March 10
Amy and Brian - March 13
Joy - March 14
Shelly - March 15
Bella - March 17
Chase - March 18
Kent - March 22
Will - March 25
Jed - March 26
Michael - March 27
Tina and Joelle - March 30

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may be a little naive here, but what is Dream Whip? --Christy W.

Sonny Huisman said...

Christy -

Dream Whip can be found in the baking isle of your grocery store - many times it's found by the pudding and marshmallow fluff . . .

It comes in a box which contains two (or four) envelopes of dry mix. You can whip it with vanilla and milk to make a Cool Whip-like substance.

The frosting recipe, however, calls for using it dry.

I hope that was helpful!

Anonymous said...

Hey Son - don't forget to add Jada to the List of March b-days - March 21!!