Motherhood . . . so often is such a thankless job. Kid's don't appreciate all we moms do for them! From laundry, to dishes, from scrubbing floors to scrubbing toilets, from feeding them to wiping their hind-ends . . . Being a mom is a LOT of work!
But lately, Bella has taken to thanking me for stuff . . . it's not because I tell her to, but it's truly spontaneous and from her heart! Here are a few from the last week:
"Thank you, Mommy, for washing my undies! I put them away now!"
"Thank you, Mommy, for making me cookies!"
"Thank you, Mommy for cleaning my bowl." (as I was emptying the dishwasher)
"Thank you, Mommy, for washing my blanky! It's cozy!"
She's so precious! Honestly, does it get any better than that! I feel so loved - so appreciated . . . all from a 2 year-old!
Who says motherhood has to be a thankless job? Now, on to working on my almost 5 year-old . . . someday I'll hear "thank you" coming from her too, right?
2 comments:
How funny! My youngest one is the same way! After tucking him in at night and prayers, before I walk out he thanks me for all the stuff we did that day (one by one).
Bella must be a "Words of Affirmation" love language. How precious!
Post a Comment