Monday, October 01, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

Again, sorry fellow bloggers . . . a combination of business and bloggers block has kept me from blogging as of late. But I'm back!

Today I turn the big 33! Yikes, the scary thing is that I remember when my parents were my age. They seemed so much older and mature and put together than I feel.

To celebrate, Faith and Bella made me a cake - Chocolate Mud cake with Holly Berries - my favorite! Notice the hosta leaves that she's using for oven mitts - so cute!




Also, the best birthday present ever was given to me last night by Faith.

Yesterday at church, the kids were presented the salvation message, and were challenged to make Jesus their forever friend, and to TOP - tell other people. Last night, as I was tucking Faith in, I asked her about Sunday school, and asked if she had ever asked Jesus to be her forever friend, and to come live in her heart. She said no, but when I asked her if she wanted to, she said yes right away. We talked about the salvation message in detail, and that Jesus took the punishment for our sins even though he never did anything wrong! All we have to do to be his forever friend is to pray the ABC's: Admit that we're a sinner, Believe that Jesus took our punishment when he died on the cross, and conquered sin when he rose again and Choose to be his forever friend.

She prayed the prayer with me. It was one of the most beautiful moments of my life!

It made for a very happy birthday.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Sonny!
what a gift it was to hear Faith give her heart to Christ! Praise God!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sonny!

I am glad you had a good one. (from the sounds of it :) )