
The last several weeks have been good ones for me - and for my family. Since I haven't made separate posts for each one (as I should have done), I will do a bulleted list in lieu (for you Dana):
* I celebrated the fact that I actually KEPT one of my 2007 resolutions! I completed reading the entire New Testament in a year. Initially, I felt like a loser having this be my resolution . . . I really SHOULD be able to read the entire Bible in a year. But, you know what? I set a "do-able" goal for myself and I actually followed through! As a result, I have acquired a discipline that had alluded me for my entire life - daily devotions! God has truly blessed me through my readings, and, as a result . . .
* I've set a new goal for 2008! I am currently working on reading the New Testament and the Psalms and Proverbs in a year. This time, I am not ashamed or feeling any guilt. I've set a do-able goal - and I know that I am disciplined enough to follow through on it again. I'm already 15 days in, and have been tremendously blessed! I'll do a separate blog entry on some specific passages that God "gave" to me.
* Mike and I have also set the goal of making wider margins in our day-to-day living. I'm sure you all can relate. We live our lives "fast and furious" and seem to travel through our days at the speed of light. We misalign our priorities and end up doing things that aren't really important (kids in sports, spending time on the internet)- while the truly important gets set on the back-burner (time with our families, time with God). I'm not gonna lie, it's been hard to whittle away the "extras". We've had to say no to a lot of things that we really liked . . . but it has made the way open for the things in life that we LOVE and that are more important. I think that's why I haven't blogged much. It isn't that I haven't had time to do so, it's just that my time has been filled with things that are more important.
* As a result of our wider margins, I've actually been on time for things, had TWO REAL dates with my husband since January 1, have played board games, Barbies, school and house with my kids, ironed 8 of Mike's shirts and 4 pairs of pants (which NEVER happens), and kept the house relatively clean (Oprah can make a surprise visit to my house, and I won't be mortified).
I certainly haven't "arrived" in any regard - I know I won't this side of heaven. I also don't mean to come off overly proud. But I'm really happy with the balance I've been able to maintain over the last couple of weeks.
1 comment:
You should be proud! And I'm proud of you! You inspire me...
I love you! Miss you!
Post a Comment