Sports Camp is the most enjoyable thing I get to do for my work at Caledonia CRC! It is our summer outreach program for kids (much like a VBS). I have the privilege of planning the entire thing (with a fabulous group of volunteers), writing the presentations, picking a theme, choosing the sports, organizing the volunteers, writing out job descriptions, teaching large group, leading singing . . . it's the best! Sports Camp is offered for kids ages 4 through 5th grade! Both Bella and Faith were participants in Sports Camp, and Mike and I were busy volunteering all week (OK, so I get paid too!) Anyway, here is a slide show to give you a little snipit of what Sports Camp week is like.
Our theme was "The Armor of God" and some of the highlights were:
The HOT weather - the only one of the summer he he he!
The armor "sound effects" - ffshshshsh, ca-chunk!, huh, huh!!!, sha-wing!, hawah!, stomp stomp!
Water Day!
The Caledonia fire truck
Team cheers and coats of arms
300 kids singing "Every Move I Make"
Nightly DVD recaps of the day before
100 - yes 100 - kid making a first time commitments to Christ!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment