Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Nature Walk

This past Sunday, our little family had the privilege of hanging out at my dad's house for the afternoon. It was one of the most beautiful days EVER, weather-wise; the fall leaves were in full color, the sun was shining, the temp was comfortable - it was the perfect day for a nature walk.

When I was little, the place where my dad now lives was the cabin that we would visit every other week or so. It consists of 80 acres of woods. My now step-siblings, Dan, Lia, Mike and Sara along with my brother Chad and I (Shelly was too little) would ride quads through these woods, collect leaves, build forts, and have all sorts of adventures. Many times when we were done with our woodsy adventures, Jackie would collect all of our treasures and make a nature basket.

Hanging out there on Sunday made all of those wonderful memories come flooding back. Watching my girls enjoy the many things that I used to love filled me with so much joy.

Thanks Dad and Jackie for a wonderful afternoon!

My dad, Faith and Bella on the quad. Notice the huge hornets nest they found on their adventure!


Grandma Jackie and their nature basket.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh the memories :)

Tom and I took a nice color tour on Sunday and I was telling him the memories of the "cabin"

Anonymous said...

We so enjoyed your visit with us. We are so blessed to have such a beautiful place. We love all of you so much.
love, Jackie

Anonymous said...

P.S.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MIKE!!!!

Dad and Jackie

Lia said...

I love the fall - I can almost smell the changing leaves!! It sounds like you had a great time just relaxing!! I so remember all the fun times there way back when!!

Yes and tell Mike I say Happy Birthday!

TimW8 said...

You have been TAGGED. If you don't know what that means check out my BLOG. I'm sorry. Don't hate me. Please. Just enjoy.

LCHS 2013 said...

Man...Bella and Dad DO look alike! :) It's like a little mini-dad.

That is a beautiful picture of Jackie and Faith...looks like you all had a great time!

MiniMe Mom said...

Looks like you had a great time. I love the fall , and this one has been so much warmer and easier to enjoy than last fall.

Beautiful girls!