Ok, I'm really sucking up this New Year's Resolution thing . . .
The alarm went off at the appropriate times for the last two mornings . . . but I just can't help but hit snooze - like 3 times!
I'm reviewing the January lessons for our Sunday school program, and the entire month is focused on the virtue of Discipline - Doing what you need to do even when you don't feel like it. The verse for the month is: "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord, not for men." Colossians 3:23
So . . . I committed to this getting up early thing . . . but am I working at it with all my heart? I think not. Would I be up at 6:30a if Jesus himself was in my kitchen to greet me? Absolutely!
Is He not there to greet me each morning? Yes! So, what's my problem? The problem is I don't feel like it. But discipline is doing what you need to do even when you don't feel like it.
Thank goodness every morning is a new chance to do the right thing! Here's to tomorrow!
4 comments:
I'm going to be in your kitchen tomorrow morning at 6am---does that help? :)
Here's to accountability. I've made it up earlier than normal, but haven't made 6:30 yet. Let me tell you, it's the best thing ever! I have a plan. Let's talk!
Seriously gals, it's not about discipline, it's about getting a three year old that wakes you up at 6 (or earlier) every morning.
Gets me out of bed every time.
'Course, then I watch Noggin and nurse a cup of coffee for 30 minutes. Not quite the fruitful time that you'd think.
Hey, Sonny, how's your resolution coming this week? Any breakthroughs? I am thinking about you as I challenge myself in the same area of growth. --Christy W.
Post a Comment