I am SO PROUD of Mike!
He started running in October as part of a one month weight loss challenge at his work. After one month, he lost 10 lbs, and he became addicted. Shortly after, he decided to sign up for a local 25K and has been training ever since.
Well, today was race day! It was the perfect weather for a run - mid 40's in the early morning, ending up at about 65 ish. Mike's parents, the girls and I made the trek downtown to watch him toward the end of the race. It was great to see his face coming toward us. The cheerleader in me came out in full force! I was yelling and cheering, and - despite my fatigue - was running down the sidewalk yelling encouragements at him.
I am so proud of him! I don't know many people who can run 15 miles . . . and he doesn't come by running naturally. He really had to work hard to achieve this 25K goal.
He finished in 2 hours, 11 minutes and 31 seconds! That's amazing for a first-timer! A huge goal for people running the race is to do it in under two hours . . . he almost did it his first try! Amazing!
Anyway, if you're interested, check out his stats here. You'll have to punch in his first and last name (Michael), and it will tell you the rest!
God is good! I realize in the grand scheme of life, a 25K isn't that important. But, God answered our simple little prayer to be home from Mayo in time for him to run this race, and we were! Thank you, Lord!
3 comments:
Yo Mike! Way to go!!!!!!!
Way to go, Mike! You should be very proud of yourself! You are an inspiration!
Hey, Sonny, I was shocked to see you at church yesterday, but thrilled just the same! We are anxious to hear what the docs have to say. We will pray for only sunshine from here on out!
the Proudfits
Hey Sonny and Mike! Congrats Mike - awesome job and good time!.. Just want to let you know you are in our prayers and can't wait to hear the results.. The Lord has the plan....
Love ya tons
Lisa VT
Post a Comment