Monday, May 14, 2007

The Wait Continues

Hey Everyone!

We were really hoping to have answers by today . . . but, to no avail!

I called first thing this morning to touch base with the doc. The goal was two-fold: first, to find out if we could have the psyc. appt. here at home - and to find out what that would entail and second, to find out when we could speak with the doctor about the test results.

When we left on Friday, we were under the impression that we still had our appointments for Tuesday in case we needed to come back (it was never confirmed that we could finish up at home). After calling this morning, we found out that they had canceled our appointments, assuming we were going to wrap things up here. That means our appt. with the doc has been filled by another patient, and we have to wait for him to get to my test results "in his spare time."

We're certainly frustrated by that, but understand the confusion of it all. So, for now, we're stuck waiting yet again.

Patience . . .

It seems to be the lesson God has had to test me on over and over again. Apparently I'm a slow learner.

Divorce - it took my parents almost 3 years to figure out if they were going to be together or get divorced . . . waiting . . . hoping.

Infertility - it took 4 long years of trying, miscarrying, crying, surgeries before Faith came along . . . waiting . . . praying.

Cancer - tests . . . waiting . . . surgeries . . . waiting . . . praying . . . waiting.

Now this.

I have to admit, it's getting easier - the waiting, that is. I'm learning once again, that I'm not in control. But I am safely in the arms of The One who IS! He knows what's going on with me. He created me. He will be The One to restore me back to ME.

I've learned a lot over the last month and a half - about priorities, about delegation, about friendship and fellowship, about patience, and about my complete dependence on my Father. I've learned a lot about the importance of staying in God's Word (something I've been very sporadic at until my accountabilty girls came along) and about the importance of being in constant communication with The One who created me.

When I am weak, He is strong!

In the meantime, I'm feeling a bit stronger each day . . . and I'm learning that God works mightily in "The Waiting."

Just as a side note, there is another gal at my church experiencing similar symptoms to me - only she's been dealing with it for a month longer! Ugh! Her name is Sue . . . and when you think of saying a prayer for me, I'd love it if you'd say one for her too! She's been waiting longer than I have . . . but God is at work in her life too.

I love you all! Thanks again for your prayers and support!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I just caught up with your blog after talking with both my mom and Steph about you. I am praying for you and answers. I don't really know what else to say except maybe this deep and profound thought, sometimes, life stinks! :) :(

Hang in there.