Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Farewell to Preschool!



Last week Friday was Faith's very last day of Preschool. Her class had a wonderful farewell picnic at a local park. It was supposed to rain that morning, but it ended up to be the perfect day for it!

I know it sounds a little crazy, but I found myself getting a little misty-eyed as I thought about how quickly this last year went and how much Faith has grown. The year started with a little four-year-old who didn't want to go to preschool without her faithful pal Rar (her bear) - to a wildly independent almost-five-year-old who can't wait to tackle Kindergarten (with or without Rar).

We worked through some fairly tough months of defiance and strong-willedness. But now I see a little girl filled with compassion for others and a willingness to share and be kind and help (most of the time).

I am so thankful for the patience and love that Mrs. Konyndyk and Mrs. Clark showed toward Faith this last year. I'm thankful for the Christ-centered education she received. I'm thankful that she has made friends that could very well last her a lifetime! (My dearest friend to this day is someone I met in Kindergarten . . . I love you Tina!)

I'm grateful that Faith continues to grow and mature . . . but bit by bit, my and Mike's sphere of influence is being wittled away. Soon she'll be with other people more than she'll be with us (maybe that's a good thing). It's so great, though, to know Whose hands she's in - to know that her Father has her secure in His grip.

Here's to hoping Kindergarten is even better!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, sister! Get misty-eyed all you want!..You know I will!

Hands down, the best pre-school program and teachers around. They are such an example of Christ's love.

Oh, and Happy Anniversary! It was a beautiful tribute.