I know I've been a little too "Church Lady" lately . . . but I my faith is being tested yet again . . . so my mind is constantly thinking about the spiritual realm and I feel like I'm in a constant state of prayer.This mystery sickness is going on well over a month, and I'm amazed at the difference a day can make on my attitude and well-being.
There are days I wake up feeling pretty good - the sun is shining - the girls are behaving - and it feels like maybe I'm turning the corner on this thing. It's easy on those days to feel peace and God's provision of grace.
Then there are days I wake up feeling - literally - like I'm dying. I'm so weak I can hardly lift Bella into her high chair, my heart is racing, I can't breath well, I'm shaky and fatigued. These are days that bad thoughts enter my mind . . . what if this is something really bad? What if I never feel better? I'm a terrible mom - I can't even care for my own kids. I know those "voices" that I'm hearing aren't coming from God. I know they are coming from the evil one . . . but it's so tempting and easy to succomb to those voices.
This morning while Mike and the girls were at church, I was worshiping in my own home by listening to the radio, and a song came on called "The Voice of Truth" by Casting Crowns. Tears came to my eyes as I listened to the words:
"And the voice of truth tells me a different story
The voice of truth says DO NOT BE AFRAID
The voice of truth says THIS IS FOR YOUR GLORY
Out of all the voices crying out to me
I will CHOOSE to listen and believe the voice of TRUTH!"
Please pray for me that I wll choose to listen and believe the voice of truth - that I won't be afraid - that I can see that God is working all of this out for HIS glory! I pray the same for all of you. We all have "voices" that tell us things contrary to what God's word says. Let's choose together to listen to THE VOICE OF TRUTH!
7 comments:
Nothing wrong with a dose of Church Lady, it is inspirational, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.
Praying for you all this week for physical strength for the trip, peace and calm for your nerves and that you will hear only the voice of Truth!
Sonny,
I have been sporadically visiting your blog...(friends with Chelle and Jamie). My daughter is in the PM preschool class at DCS and a prayer request was sent home on the Ark newsletter...
I am praying and thinking about you and my heart breaks...You are an inspriration.
Please continue to keep us updated.
Nicole B.
My in-laws use to go to your church, Harley and Sandy (does that ring a bell?)
Thanks for your kind words Nicole! It means a lot to me to know that so many people are lifting me up in prayer! I can feel it - especially over the last couple of days . . . I just have a peace about everything.
I went to school with Brent - he was a year older than me, and I have scars on my knees from a time he and Ed Miller tripped me with a jump rope. Tee Hee.
He used to be a bit of a bully, but I talked to him recently and seems to have grown out of it! He also got himself a terrific wife!
Thanks again for your prayers! They're much needed and appreciated!
Hey Son - Just want you to know that I have been thinking about you and praying for you and your family. Please let me know what we can do to help....clean your house, laundry, p/u kids from school...whatever. I hope you find answers at Mayo. Love ya girly!
Lisa VT
Man, this has been going on for a long time. Hope you find some answers this week. We will be praying for you.
Dear Sonny,
I'm glad that you have a good referral--sorry that you have to travel so far. Your strong faith and the love of your family will support you and you'll be even stronger than before. But first, get those answers from the drs. so you know what you need to do.We love you and are keeping up the prayers for your good health and well-being.
Hey Sonny,
Have a safe trip and I'm praying they will find an answer...and that it is easily curable.
If you have bundles of energy when you are released from Mayo, I'm sure Mike would enjoy the Spam Museum in Austin! Hee-Hee.
Post a Comment