Wow! I am in awe of God's provision for me!The Body of Christ - the Christian community - is truly amazing!
I've seen the following passage come to life in the last few weeks! I'm sorry to get all "Church Lady" on of you, but this is what's on my heart . . . so endulge me in reading this!
Romans 12:4-8
"Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully."
I stand amazed at the way we have been embraced, supported and lifted up during this tough time. We've been provided with several meals, childcare, emails, cards, prayers etc. and don't know what we'd do without them. I stand amazed at the people who have taken over my duties at church! They've stepped up their leadership and teaching skills big-time. I'm stand amazed at the encouragement, generosity and loving-kindness we've received.
The only gift I haven't received from someone yet is prophesy . . . I could use a little of that! Ha Ha! Could someone tell me when this is all going to be over and done with? At least if I knew, I could mentally gear up for it!
I'm still feeling pretty crummy over-all, but am very happy that I have good days mixed in with the bad. We've gotten a referral to go to the Mayo Clinic next week (May 10), so hopefully we'll get some answers from them.
Thanks for sharing your God-given gifts with us! We wouldn't be able to get through all of this without you - The Body of Christ!
I love you all!
3 comments:
praying you through this!
I'm sorry, I have a hard time being serious as I see Michelle staring at me with that funky black bow in her hair. I think you need to stick with that look Chelle.
Our prayers continue to be with you - hoping you know something soon!
I'm glad to provide distraction or comic relief, whatever is needed. :) I'll even wear the black bow!
Post a Comment