Thursday, May 10, 2007

We've Met . . . Now We Wait . . .

I met with the doctor this morning . . . about an hour and a half after our appointed time. However, I felt very good about our meeting. He had a good bedside manor. And, when he heard I directed the children's ministries for my church . . . he asked if my denomination was like the Lutheran denomination. He grew up Lutheran. I don't know if he's a Christian or not, but he was very kind and thorough.

He did a full examination, asked lots of questions, and took time to briefly assess what he thinks is going on. He refered to the system in your body that initiates the "fight or flight" response. He seems to think that that system is a little wacked out right now. It kicks in in the middle of the night, or at weird times instead of when I need it to. He's going to do some tests to check on a particular syndrome associated with this called POTTS.

He also wants to do and ECCO cardiogram just to rule out further viral problems with my heart. I'll be having a few other random tests done . . . we're still waiting for our schedule of what they'll be. I'll also be meeting with a psychologist - not because he thinks I'm crazy, but because the mind and body are so inter-related.

Hopefully we'll get some more answers today.

Prayer requests:

Pray that the ECCO comes back normal. This is the scariest test I have to have. Pray that God protects my heart from any viral infection or harm.

Pray that we'll be able to get the tests done in the next day or two, and be able to head home this weekend.

Pray for continued peace. I know I'm in good hands - not just at Mayo - but in the Father's!

I'll post another update as I know what's going on!

I love you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sonny,
You have been on my heart all day, and I have been praying throughout the day! It sounds like you are in good medical hands and the Lord is holding you close! I have a peace in my heart for you that you will get some answers and be able to return to the wife and mother you want to be! Love- Sue Dood
*Sally Clark told me about your blog, I hope you don't mind me checking in on you! Keep positive thoughts in your head!

Sonny Huisman said...

Sue!

I'm so glad to here from you! I've thought of you many times today as well! Hopefully I'll be able to bring home some answers for you too!

In the meantime, you should see about getting referred here. It is amazing! I've had 5 different tests done today alone, plus a couple I can "do" right in the comforts of my hotel room and bring back to them (if you know what I mean!) I have several more scheduled for tomorrow, and yet another next week Tuesday!

Your thoughts and prayers mean the world to me! Right back at ya girl!

I'll be in touch!